The type of personal information collected
The personally identifiable information currently collected and processed can include the following:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Any message that you send me
- Access logs including your IP addresses
How I get the personal information and why I have it
User supplied data
Most of the personal information I process is provided to me directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have requested to stay informed of my future availability
- You have provided contact details when using my online form to contact me
I use the information that you have given me in order to contact you as requested i.e. to reply to your correspondence or notify you of changes to my availability.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis I rely on for processing this information are your consent.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting me.
Automatically collected data
Access logs including IP addresses are collected automatically for legal and security purposes.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis I rely on for processing this information are that I have a legitimate interest.
How and whom your personal information is stored with, and for how long
Your information is stored securely with my hosting partners
- I will retain any personal information that you submit through my contact form for a maximum of 6 years
- I will retain any personal information that you submitted whilst requesting to stay informed of my future availability until that time that I am informed that you do not wish to receive these updates any more.
- Access logs including your IP addresses are stored for less than 30 days
Where you personal information is stored
Your personal information may be stored or sent overseas to any part of the world. The protections given to your personal information in other parts of the world will often not be as strong as in the UK. Where practical, I will request them to treat your personal information with the same protections that I apply myself.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Please contact me if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about my use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me in the first instance.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The ICO’s address:Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO